Aaron Goetzinger is the first full-time pastor at Redemption. He spent his childhood in Milwaukee, WI and while in high school his family moved to Ottawa, Ontario. Both of his parents still live in Ottawa and his sister and brother-in-law both work as graphic designers back in the Milwaukee area.
Aaron attended high school at Luther Preparatory School in Watertown, WI. It is there that he began his studies to become a pastor. He graduated and went to Martin Luther College in New Ulm, MN where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Languages (Greek and Hebrew) in 2007. He continued his pastoral studies at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary. While in seminary he spent a year long internship at Mountain of the Lord Lutheran Church in Wausau, WI. He graduated from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in 2011 with a Master of Divinity. Prior to coming to New York he spent three years at Luther Preparatory School where he served as a dorm supervisor (with anywhere between 34-38 teenage boys on his dorm floor), Religion instructor, and school recruiter.
- Favorite Baseball Player: Definitely Robin Yount.
- Favorite Food: Pretty much anything, from Pho to meatloaf
- Favorite Music: Right now I have been listening to The Oh Hellos.
- Favorite Book: Besides the Bible? The Screwtape Letters.
- Favorite Bible Verse: Ephesians 2:4-5 “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgression–it is by grace you have been saved.”